Wednesday, March 07, 2012

@12 Chinese Cuisine


I recently enjoyed a nice meal at @12 Chinese Cuisine.


The service was friendly, the prices were reasonable, and they got me in and out fast and convenient. @12 Chinese Cuisine is similar to Panda Express, but it didn't have the national chain feel to it. @12 is locally owned; plus, many of the ingredients in @12 dishes come from local farmers like the squash in the Kung Pao Chicken.



I also ordered the Tangerine Orange Chicken and a Vegetable Roll. The Vegetable Roll was crazy good. Now go support these local owners!

 

4 comments:

Moses Gastelum said...

Their pineapple chicken is my favorite! Mmmmmm...pineapple chicken....

Rodrigo B. Ferreira said...

It looks really good!!! If on top of all that they also have good prices, I'll certainly stop by for a meal some time! (I'm just a student, you know...)
Well, anyway, I wish them good luck!!!

Maybe I should have eaten there before writing this comment :)

Jeff Steele said...

I've eaten there twice now and had two, totally different experiences. Once, at lunch, the food was pretty great and I was really satisfied. Another time, a few months ago, I ate their for dinner and was really disappointed. I guess I'll have to make it 2 out of 3. I'm glad to know though they are using some local ingredients in their food. Do you think promoting that will help their business? I don't think I've ever seen a chinese food restaurant promote locally sourced, organic foods before. It might be a unique niche for them.

What does their name mean by the way?

Michael Neider said...

Jeff,
Get back there and try it again. I also like the idea of promoting local ingredients as a way of differentiating @12 (no clue what that means) from Panda Express.